Top 5 Mascaras You Should Use

Top 5 Mascaras You Should Use

Ashley Norfleet, Staff Writer

Everyone has different lash lengths and different eye shapes, mascara is a huge part of making your lashes stand out. It looks good on anyone but you need to find the one that works for you. Five female students gave me five different mascaras that could work for you. 

• Bang by Benefit

Bang by Benefit is a more expensive mascara but holds its value. The lightweight mascara doesn’t weigh down the lashes which help them curl better. The mascara is a nice base coat but is better alone for longer lashes.

“Bang is one of my favorites, I have naturally long eyelashes but the extra boost helps my eyes pop,” said Grace Gundrum. “I like how it’s light, so I don’t need to put as much on.”

• Sky High by Maybelline

Sky High by Maybelline is a great mascara for shorter lashes. The formula has bamboo extract in it so your lashes stay healthy and bold. The mascara lifts them and makes your eyes pop.

“Sky High is so good to use, I like using it on top of a primer because they both work together to lift my lashes,” said Addi Hardee. “I would have to say this is the best mascara for shorter lashes but it works for all types.”

• Lash Princess by Essence 

Lash Princess is a great choice if you are going to keep it on all day. It rarely clumps and flakes keeping your lashes looking fresh throughout the day. It sculpts and lifts your lashes from the root. 

“I like Lash Princess because I have shorter lashes and don’t like curling them,” said Emily Hansen. “I think Lash Princess is a great mascara for those who are like me and like one coat.”

• Telescopic by L’oreal

Telescopic is an amazing mascara for long lashes because it lifts them and keeps them up all day. The thin brush doesn’t put a lot of product on because you don’t need it. A little goes a long way with this mascara. 

“I recommend this mascara because it lifts my lashes and curls them,” said Antonia Mosca. “I have never had it smudge, and it’s really easy to take off.” 

• Curl Up by Ulta

Curl Up is marketed as a “3 in 1” mascara, it is said to curl, define, and lengthen your lashes. The curved brush makes it so every eyelash gets coated and curled. 

“I love Curl Up because it curls up,” said Brennan McFadden. “It does its job and I am always satisfied with my results.”