Men’s Basketball Recap

Alex Mckeithan, Staff Writer

The scoreboard ticking down, shouts of “start the bus, start the bus, start the bus”, and then the final buzz….

The 2017-18 varsity men’s basketball season has come to a conclusion. This year’s team, overall, had a 12-13 record season (counting the non-conference games).

“We played hard for a young team and had a good season in reference to having a new coach,” said senior Rasheed Daniels.

Sophomore J’vian McCray was sad to see the season end.

“I miss the season; we grilled alot and worked hard,” said McCray. “I looked forward to basketball at the end of the day. I looked forward to being with some of the few people I could tolerate, these guys are my brothers. The developing friendships and the time we spent playing together was my favorite part of the season.”

Daniels also said he’s going to miss playing basketball. He played for a total of four years: two on JV and two on Varsity.

“Basketball kept my grades up and helped me get through high school,” said Daniels. “I also made life long friendships through basketball. I love the sport along with the people i’ve met through it.”

Playoffs didn’t go so well for this young team, but they kept their heads held high because their main focus is progression. The varsity basketball team has a set a pretty solid name for themselves.

“We played hard, but we had more potential,” said McCray. “The season ended before we could put the team ball we had developed over the course of the season into play. I look forward to seeing what the upcoming season has in store.”