PBIS September Freshman Student of the Month

Do you show leadership? Are you responsible? If so, you have a chance at being West Brunswick’s student of the month! Each month, our staff nominates a student that they feel is contributing positively to class or is overall a great role model. The names of all students nominated get put into a hat and randomly selected each month. One student is chosen for each grade level.

Our ninth grade student of the month for September is Katelyn Lewis. Lewis was nominated by her Math I teacher, Mrs. Quinn, who had a lot to say about her nominee.

“Katelyn always is prepared for class, she always participates in class, she always does her homework, and she’s always willing to help other students.” Quinn says. “I think she is a positive role model for other students.”

The West Wind also interviewed Lewis about how she felt about being honored. “I like to help people and make them feel better about themselves.” Lewis says. She told us that she is very dedicated to her learning and that she also plays softball. “It’s important to be yourself,” is Lewis’ advice to other students that are trying to be their best selves.

Students like Katelyn Lewis make West Brunswick successful. Individuals who are always eager to help and are modeling positive behavior are all around us, and it is important to honor them. If you think you qualify, look out! Because you could be WBHS’ next student of the month!