(Photo by Macie Coley)

Photo by Macie Coley

Top 5 Nostalgic Spooky Halloween Movies

Check out these top 5 nostalgic Halloween Movies!

Oct 27, 2022

Many Gen-Z students grew up watching various Halloween movies, watching these movies now can bring many a sense of comfort and nostalgia. Many of these early 2000’s and late 1990’s movies gained popularity quick among kids in the late 2000’s. Here are some fan favorites! 

1. “Hocus Pocus”. “Hocus Pocus” was released in 1993. This movie came out before students at west were even thought of, yet it is still a big hit among many students. “Hocus Pocus” follows three witches known as the Sanderson sisters, who were summoned by a kid that was exploring their house late one Halloween night. This movie is perfect for any viewer who wishes to get into the Halloween feel! The Sanderson sisters can take you back to your childhood as you watch their spooky movie
  2. “Monster House. Monster House” was released in 2006, around the time many west students were born. “Monster House” follows 3 teens who believe a neighborhood house is alive; the three teens need to destroy the house before it causes harm to trick-or-treaters on Halloween night. This movie was very popular among kids in the late 2000’s, “The Monster House” is quite a thrill for young kids and can be quite nostalgic to watch it again now.
  3. “Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.” “Scooby-Doo 2” was released in 2004. “Scooby-Doo 2” follows the Scooby gang as they go on another mystery adventure, the gang faces off against new monsters that are threatening their town. “The Scooby-Doo” movies can always bring along a Halloween feel as the gang is fighting monsters all over. This movie is very nostalgic for many that grew up watching these Halloween movies including me, the Scooby gang never fails to bring a smile to the face of young kids (or young kids at heart).
  4. “Casper”. “Casper” was released in 1995. Before West students were born, yet “Casper” still manages to come to many students’ minds when they think of a friendly ghost. “Casper” is a friendly ghost that haunts a mansion in Maine, but he isn’t the only ghost that calls the mansion home. These other ghosts start many problems between “Casper” and his new visitors in the Maine mansion. This movie reminds me of the joys in life, and that kind people (or ghosts) still exist. This movie is perfect for anyone wanting a fun Halloween pick-me up after a long day.
  5. “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” “The Nightmare Before Christmas” was released in 1993 and is still a staple in many people’s minds. “The Nightmare Before Christmas” follows Jack Skellington from Halloweentown, Jack began to grow bored of the constant Halloween. So, Jack accidentally discovered Christmastown, a bright new town filled with vibrant colors. Jack is infatuated with the change of scenery, so he decides that he wants Christmas all for himself. The Nightmare Before Christmas is the perfect Holiday movie, you get Halloween and Christmas all in one!

The West Wind • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$100
$500