The Student News Site of West Brunswick High School

The West Wind

The West Wind

The West Wind

Polls

Which is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

How to: Get a man

Photo by Gracie Loft
Picture of Avery Babson posing as the man of our dreams.

Most of the female population know and love our book boyfriends who make our hearts flutter, but let’s be honest if a man in real life did some of the things they do, we would cringe to death.

“Just be yourself to get a man,” said sophomore Olivia Davis. “They are mostly immature, so marry them when they’re rich and old.”

Men will literally date anything, whether it’s a woman or an inanimate object. Nathaniel from ‘My Strange Addiction literally dated, broke up with and then married another car. If a man can’t even stay loyal to his car, then how can he be loyal to you?

Confidence is key; you must maintain it always. A woman who can walk in and take control of a room is stronger than most men combined. Remember though, not too confident; men tend to want to be the center of attention, whether they admit it or not. Make sure not to become a victim of the sassy men apocalypse.

Our signature celebrity ‘Men of the Month’ is picked by the majority of women on social media, or are just picked individually. This is basically the younger generation’s version of ‘Sexiest Man Alive.’ Most of our choices are perfect, but are the men we pick in real life?

Try to find common ground, talk about hobbies and your interests; find out if you like the same things. But most importantly make sure he doesn’t have a secret family.

Here’s some tips:

• Don’t date a British man; we have learned from Taylor Swift’s mistakes.
  • Date outside of Brunswick County (very crucial).
  • Don’t date men shorter than you; the term ‘Short Kings’ is a lie.
  • Make sure he likes and fully understands the message of the Barbie movie.
  • Don’t let a man walk all over you.
  • Make sure he’s nice to waiters.
  • He MUST be Team Edward.
  • Ask him how he feels about Taylor Swift, if he has some bias against her, RUN.
  • Have your stalker friends take pictures of him for you.
  • Find someone like Peeta Mellark from ‘The Hunger Games,’ NOT GALE (this is very important).

*Remember this is an opinionated article, do not take this seriously.*

Donate to The West Wind
$100
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of West Brunswick High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.