The Student News Site of West Brunswick High School

The West Wind

The West Wind

The West Wind

Polls

Which is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Brooklyn’s Top 5 Game Day Artists

Photo by Ava Babson

1. Drake-

In my personal opinion Drake is my favorite artist to listen to on a game day, his style of music has a very wide variation and there is a Drake song for any mood that I’m in.  If I want to get hype before a game he has songs like “Nice For What”, “Rich Flex”,  and “Rich Baby Daddy”, all of these songs get me pumped up for a game. While on the other hand if I am feeling more chill he has songs for that too, like “Not You Too”, “Bahamas Promises”, and “Teenage fever”. 

2. SZA-

Although SZA doesn’t have that many upbeat songs, she is still one of my favorites to listen to on game days because her vibe is chill and calms me and helps me focus on winning and doing my best.  My favorite songs of hers are “Good Days”, “Open Arms”, and “20 Something”.

3. Usher- 

I have always been an R&B girly so Usher will always hit the spot for me. I grew up listening to his music with my parents and listening to him always makes me feel so nostalgic. His voice and rhythm is so good, some of my favorite songs of his are “Confessions”, “Burn”, and “Same Girl”.

4. J. Cole-

Cole is the odd-ball of the list, his flow is a lot different from the others, it is much faster because his music is mostly rap while the others are R&B but I like to listen to him before games to switch it up and give me a more energetic vibe. Cole’s music helps me get into a good mood after school and before games because sometimes the stress of school will put me in a bad mood but music helps ease my mind.

5. Jhene Aiko-

Similar to SZA, Jhene Aiko’s voice is very melodic and she makes R&B and soul music. If you couldn’t tell, my favorite music is R&B. I only listen to a few songs by Aiko like “Stay Ready”, “Bed Peace”, and “Triggered” but they are most definitely some of my favorite songs of all time. Like the other artists, Aiko’s music calms me down before games which helps me prepare.

Donate to The West Wind
$100
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of West Brunswick High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.