The Student News Site of West Brunswick High School

The West Wind

The West Wind

The West Wind

Polls

Which is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

College Football 25 soon…

NCAA College Football, the return everyone was waiting for, is finally coming this year, three years after the initial announcement of the video game. The teaser featured on social media February 15th, showing jersey designs and traditions. A few days later, EA sports announced that all 134 FBS schools are going to be in the game. EA College Football is set to release sometime this summer with high expectations.

Some players–like Quinn Ewers, Travis Hunter, Will Johnson, Jalen Milroe, and many more–have announced on social media that they will be in the game. If athletes opted to be in the game, they would receive $600 plus a free copy of the game (due to NIL compensation). That is why over 10,000 athletes have opted in to achieve their dream of playing as themselves. Backup QB for Texas, Arch Manning, has opted out of the game due to him wanting to focus on football, and is the only one going that route so far.

The last college football game to come out was NCAA Football 14; the games were discontinued due to former players suing EA Sports for name, image, and likeness rights–which means players were not getting compensated for being in the game. The advent of NIL changed this and paved the way for the new game.

A lot of people are optimistic; while others think that because of the game engine, which is the same one Madden uses, it’s going to be a copy and paste. Madden’s recent downward spiral in authenticity and the amount of fun we all once had playing the game has come to an end. That’s why people of all ages want this game to bring back the joy players once had.

Kirk Herbstreit, ESPN analyst and College Football announcer, has previewed some new elements coming to the game. A feature Herbstreit showcased was the variety of broadcast crews set to be featured in the game, including himself. This missing piece is what was lacking in Madden and what most players have been begging for to be in the game. More things, like realism, college traditions, fight songs, which are featured are very important to the community and bring joy to the game and make you want to play.

With the game releasing in the summertime, players will be able to kick back and relax with some college football at their fingertips without a worry of homework.

$100
$500