The Student News Site of West Brunswick High School

The West Wind

The West Wind

The West Wind

Polls

Which is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Talent Show

Talent+Show
Photo by Campbell Cheers

Leadership class tries to get together with the EC class often to do fun activities for adaptive PE. This week leadership hosted a talent show. They had gotten together into groups of people from both classes to perform various acts. Each act had individuality and its own touch which made them all special in their own way. 

“I think the talent show is a good idea because it exposes them to their friends,” said Jayfren Ortigoza. “We are their friends nowadays. They get to bond with their friends, and build relationships, and we get to do stuff together and work as a team against other teams,” 

The leadership class loves to work with the EC class as much as possible. They get together every Tuesday and plan to do something different each time. They do adaptive PE activities such as rock paper scissors competitions, kickboxing, dance, soccer, and more. Keeping the EC class active and happy is one of leadership’s goals. 

“We spent three weeks preparing for the chicken dance,” said Ortigoza. “We went through our routine and got our set up plan. When we actually got there it was a lot more fast-paced than we thought. It didn’t go as planned but we got it done which is what mattered,”

The talent show had many different acts to show off individual skills. As the students from each class showed their act the audience would often get engaged by singing along. You could tell this made each student happier and more comfortable when they received support from the audience. 

“The people in our group seemed very happy,” said Ortigoza. “Jason looked very happy to do it. He loves the chicken dance so I’m glad we got to do it for him,” 

The acts were Chicken Dance-Remix, Juggling, Explosive Dance Party, Basketball Display, Row, Row, Row Your Boat, Handshake, Painted in Black, and finally The Wobble. Having a variety of acts made the talent show more entertaining to watch. 

“I love going over there and doing PE class with them, I’m probably going to miss it when it’s over,” said Ortigoza

$100
$500