The Student News Site of West Brunswick High School

The West Wind

The West Wind

The West Wind

Polls

Which is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Effects Of Being Famous

Celebrities have some of the best and worst lives, with their personal lives all over the place. Celebs are always on the latest headline or on the news on TV. Life can be very nerve-racking when you make the wrong move or say something that can upset people. So let’s look through the lens of a celebrity.

Most celebs have joined in on the train with them starting a documentary about their lives or ether streaming channels making one about them. Taylor Swift has a documentary on Netflix called “Miss Americana.” As for Selena Gomez with “Selena Gomez: My Mind and Me” on Apple TV, there are also movie adaptations of celebrities’ lives, such as the Elvis Presley movie “Elvis,” the Judy Garland movie “Judy,” and Elton John’s “Rocketman.” All of these movies, shows and documentaries show us how they were in their lives or how they are in their present lives.

“I feel social media has a really hard impact on celebrities’ lives,” said freshman Charlotte Guy. “Everything they do is posted for everyone to see all the time.” 

Effects:

• Loss of Privacy: As a celebrity, your personal life is everywhere. Whether you are doing something on that day or getting yourself a new boyfriend or girlfriend, for example, in Taylor Swift’s “Miss Americana,” Swift talks about how putting her relationships public has been the downfall of most of them, so with the relationship with Joe Alwyn, Swift has chosen to keep it private. (During the time period the documentary was filmed.)
  • Mental Health: As we have seen, for most celebrities, their mental health has been affected a lot by their fame. With your life always being invaded, One celebrity that we’ve seen with this is Britney Spears. Spears is most known for her outbreak in 2007, where she shaved her head and had an episode. Which in the state of mental health is not being good because of every news in her face.
  • Involved in the Industry: A lot of celebrities have become famous because they could sing, act, or just dance on Tiktok. When they gain this success, it exposes them to different things they are not used to. Whether doing drugs or becoming a part of a cult, there is something that someone always does. Marlyin Monroe is one of the best-known actresses in the world. Monroe died of an overdose due to a pill addiction at a young age and being taught that it was ok.
  • Social Media: As we know, social media is the main source of information. Social media has made a lot of celebrities famous. Celebrities like Charli D’amelio. D’ameilo became famous on TikTok for dancing, and her career started to grow from there. D’amelio has talked about how being famous has affected her life a lot, with her not being able to do everything anymore without the public knowing.

“On social media you always see posts talking down on celebrities’ lives,” said sophomore Lylah Lopez. “I feel that it’s all of what we see anymore.”

Celebrities have had some of the best lives and the worst with being famous. Most of them have had a lot of negative outcomes. So remember, if you ever want to be rich and famous, there is always a price to pay.

$100
$500