The Student News Site of West Brunswick High School

The West Wind

The West Wind

The West Wind

Polls

Which is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

How to get free food

Being a high school student with a very busy schedule–consisting of school work, sports, clubs, etc.–it is very common for me to stop at a fast food restaurant on my way home because it is fast and convenient, but the prices for these fast food chains have been steadily increasing and I don’t want to pay so much for a quick meal.  Using different tricks like getting points can let people like me who eat out very often save their money while still allowing themselves to eat what they want. 

Download the App

Download the app to all of your favorite restaurants because they often offer things like surveys for you to review their restaurant in exchange for a free item off the menu.  Another benefit of downloading the app is that most restaurants have a point system on there;  everytime a customer buys food they can scan their app to gain points.  With enough points, you can get free food, for example Chick-Fil-A offers this point system: every item costs a different amount of points.  A chicken sandwich is 800 points while a side of fries is only 400.

Birthday Freebies

Although it is only once a year, many restaurants will offer free foods, drinks, and desserts on your birthday.  Places like Chilis, Cinnabon, and Baskin Robbins will offer free dessert on your birthday.  But, it all ties back into a rewards system, these items are only granted to you on your birthday if you sign up through the restaurant’s website or app.

What they’re saying

“I go out to eat almost every day,” said ,reshman Haylea Russ.  “After a few meals out, the bills start to add up, and it is very expensive, so finding different little ways to get things for free will really help me have more money to spend on other things I enjoy.”

The bottom line

It is very simple to get free food from your favorite restaurants; you just have to know how to do it.  Now you can enjoy your meals without breaking your bank account.

Donate to The West Wind
    $100
    $500
    Contributed
    Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of West Brunswick High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.