The Student News Site of West Brunswick High School

The West Wind

The West Wind

The West Wind

5/15 Little Shop of Horrors Dress Rehearsal

A look at the dress rehearsal on opening night before the first show.
    The+Urchins+begin+the+final+song+of+the+show.+
    The Urchins begin the final song of the show.

On Wednesday, May 15th, the cast of “Little Shop of Horrors” did a practice run of their show a few hours before their first official show went on. Little Shop of Horrors follows flower shop worker Seymour Krelborn as he tries to impress Audrey with a mysterious new plant that he has found. However, this plant only eats human blood which brings about some unexpected consequences that Seymour must find a way to deal with.

Seymour is played by Junior Marko Sanchez while Audrey is played by Junior Hannah Underwood. However, for one performance only, the role of Audrey will be played by freshman Brooklynn Rhodes. The character that is normally called Mr.Mushnik has been changed to Mrs.Mushnik for West’s performances of the show and will be played by Kaia Nygaard. Dr Orin Scrivello, Audrey’s abusive boyfriend, is played by Michael Green. The Urchins Crystal, Chiffon, and Ronnette are played by Inasia Williams, Lydia Babson, and Flynn Thurman respectfully. Last, but most certainly not least, is the voice of Audrey two, Senior Tiffany Guin.

The purpose of a dress rehearsal is to go through the show as if it is the real one, and then find things that can be improved upon for the actual performance. Typically at a dress rehearsal actors are expected to know all of their lines, however nerves get to even the best of us and can make some actors forget a few lines. A dress rehearsal helps actors identify which parts they are confident with, and which parts they need to practice and memorize before the show goes on. By the time the curtain rises on opening night, all of the actors will have perfected their parts.

Although two shows have now come and gone, there are still two chances left for you to experience it before it’s too late. One of these shows is tonight at 6:30, and the other is tomorrow night at 6:30. Tickets can be purchased both online and at the door, and if you happen to catch a show, just remember, don’t feed the plants!

Donate to The West Wind
    $100
    $500
    Contributed
    Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of West Brunswick High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.