The Student News Site of West Brunswick High School

The West Wind

The West Wind

The West Wind

Polls

Which is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Top Five Fruits

Fruit is good any time of the year but my favorite time to eat fruit is on a hot summer day. Fruit not only tastes good but it has many benefits and is a healthy choice. There are many to choose from and good in a fruit salad. Most fruits taste good together mixed up which makes it easier to eat many at once. Bringing fruit to any function is always a safe option especially if you have a variety.

Strawberries:
    This fruit is at the top of my list and has been my whole life. A few things I like to pair it with are Nutella, whipped cream, and marshmallow fluff. A benefit of eating strawberries is that they have antioxidants. What this means is that it can help boost your immune system. Strawberries are a great snack for almost anything. They are perfect to put on a smoothie bowl or in a smoothie.

Pineapple:
    When eating pineapple, it may sting your mouth. This is because of the citric acid, and there are small needles inside the pineapple. This usually happens when you eat a lot at once, but this does not stop me from eating it. Pineapple would be my number one because it has a better chance of being delicious, but the perfect strawberry beats the perfect pineapple. Pineapple is also great to put in a smoothie bowl.

Peaches:
    The perfect summer treat. Although it is hard to find a good peach, when you find it, it’s worth it. Peaches are the right amount of sweet and don’t have a disturbing texture. Peaches also have a pretty color inside and out. Peaches have many vitamins that are healthy for your body.

Green Grapes:
    Nothing beats a cold, crisp green grape on the beach. Green grapes are superior to purple grapes because they are not as sweet and soft. A good way to eat grapes is frozen, especially when it’s hot outside. They have the perfect amount of taste to them to enjoy many at a time.

Blackberries:
    Although I don’t eat this fruit often, it is one of my favorites. Blackberries are better than raspberries because they aren’t as mushy and sweet. Blackberries are good to pair with other fruits. Most fruits are sweet, so they balance out each other. They have a unique taste, which makes them stand out from most fruits.

$100
    $500