The Student News Site of West Brunswick High School

The West Wind

The West Wind

The West Wind

Polls

Which is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tennis Game – North Brunswick High School vs West Brunswick High School

Photo by Fleur Kelly
West Brunswick High School Tennis Players Hanging Out After Brief Practice

Students from North Brunswick High School and West Brunswick High School were practicing under the bright sun before the game started, getting in some last-minute practice and warm-ups. All of them were intermingling and having light banter before the game started for the evening. It was a hot afternoon for a game and at 4:25, the varsity tennis players from both North and West Brunswick lined up. Prior to the start of the matches, the players lined up opposite of one another for the coaches to call out the starting line up, a gift was given to senior Grace Watson.

After the brief clapping for Watson, their opponents were chosen by their coaches and they went to their respective ball courts. With the tennis court matching our Trojans outfits. the game had begun. Balls were being lost and wrists were being wrapped in gauze. Parents and grandparents were lined up along the fend in fold-up chairs, who were all chatting and catching up with each other while watching their kid’s games.

Isabel Seip was the first to be injured, having to leave the tennis court briefly to wrap her sprained wrist. Now fully hydrated again and with her wrist patched, Isabel got back into the court, ready to continue her match. Every West Brunswick student fought long and hard, fighting for their school. There were occasional breaks for water and the restroom between matches and outside the court, the two sides were friendly with each other outside of their matches, making light conversation and banter.

Isabel Seip and Hannah Underwood were our last defensive line in the double match, everyone lined along the fences of the courts in at the final match off. It was a close loss, with North Brunswick barely winning, but even so our Trojans kept their pride.

$100
$500