The Student News Site of West Brunswick High School

The West Wind

The West Wind

The West Wind

Polls

Which is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

9/19 “Freak” Performed by Theater Classes 2, 3, and 4

A “freaky” dress rehearsal as the theater class prepares for their performance
Meadow+Stocks+stands+center+stage+with+fellow+cast+members+around+her.+
Photo by Hannah Underwood
Meadow Stocks stands center stage with fellow cast members around her.

On Thursday, October 19th the theater two, three, and four classes put on their performance of “Freak” a mysterious and alluring story based around the character “Monique” and her experience of finding herself in the “Freak Show.” 

The actors anxious and practicing their lines, prepared for the run through of their play before their actual performance, set to perform that night. They finished up their pizza provided by classmate Candance Prince and set off to begin their hair, makeup, and parts of costumes. 

Director and teacher Jennifer Negron, then told the cast to get into places for the top of the show. They gave a heartfelt run through, and later performance, on a play full of touchy and sensitive subjects, such as mentions of suicide and eating disorders. They still managed to give it the delicacy needed. 

The cast then practiced their bows and headed off to finish glamming themselves up for the performance. 

“It was exactly what you expect,” said senior Robert Walling. “Not perfect, but the perfect high school play.” 

$100
$500