The Student News Site of West Brunswick High School

The West Wind

The West Wind

The West Wind

Polls

Which is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Brooklyn’s top 5 women’s basketball players

Everybody always hears a lot about Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Jason Tatum and other popular players in the NBA, but nobody ever talks about their favorite women’s basketball players.  Men’s basketball players receive so much more recognition than women’s players do, so with that being said, I have made a list of my top five women’s basketball players.

1. Caitlin Clark

Clark is in her fourth year at Iowa state university and she wears number 22.  In my opinion, she is one of the best if not the best women’s basketball players to ever play, her game is very smooth and pleasing to watch and she really knows how to get the crowd going.  She will pull up from anywhere, whether it’s 30 feet from the basket or 3.  Her court vision is amazing which allows her to pass through traffic to set up her teammate to score.

2 .Aliyah Boston

Boston is the only player on my list who is out of college and in the WNBA; she plays for a team called Indiana Fever, and she just finished her first season and she was very dominant for her to be so young.  She averaged 15 points a game and was named rookie of the year in a unanimous vote.

3. Hailey Van Lith

Van Lith now starting her senior season has been very successful during her previous years.  During her junior year she played for Louisville and was a very well rounded player, averaging 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists per game.  She just recently transferred to LSU, one of the best women’s basketball programs in the country, before the start of her senior year.

4. Deja Kelly

Kelly is now a senior guard, she plays at University of North Carolina and wears number 25.  Kelly has been a vital piece in Carolina’s team for the three seasons that she has played in before.  Last year she started in every game playing almost the entire game and averaging 17 points a game.  She is one of the best guards in the ACC and in the entire country–I love the way she plays.  She always finds a way to create space for herself and score.

5. Flau’jae Johnson

Johnson goes to LSU, and she is now entering her second year playing after helping her team win the national championship during her first year.  Johnson is a really athletic guard; her quickness and shiftiness allow her to get through defenders and to run up and down the court without getting tired.  I am excited to see how she continues to grow and develop her game as she grows and gets older.

$100
$500