The Student News Site of West Brunswick High School

The West Wind

The West Wind

The West Wind

Polls

Which is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Annual College Fair

West Brunswick Hosts Annual College Fair.
Photo by Destiny Noblitt
College admission representatives from Warren Wilson College and the College Foundation of North Carolina at their information tables.

On Thursday, October 26, 2023, West held the annual college fair for the seniors, hosting over forty colleges and universities from all over the state. Each college gets a table set up with brochures, pamphlets, and other freebies for the students, giving them information and reassurance about their school. 

“I asked about their acceptance rates and GPA scores,” said senior Ty’Asia Grant. “I asked their top majors and if they have my major.”

As students trickle into the gym, they ask all sorts of questions, trying to figure out if this school is for them. Does the college have their desired sport? What’s the university’s acceptance and graduation rate? 

“The college fair was very informational,” said senior Ariana McClure. “It gives you a great overview of what majors and minors there are. It helps you start the next step of planning for your future.”

The college fair provided colleges and universities with an expansion of different types of majors and minors in a multitude of different environments and different benefits. When equipped with so many different and unique options, students found information on the college they’ve heard about since they were growing up or colleges they’ve never heard of and found they have a lot of interest in the college.

“I was most interested in NC State,” said McClure. “Their ROTC program is really good and they actually have the major I want.” 

Some students already have plans for the next couple of years and know what they want to do but are still determining where. The college fair was an excellent opportunity to get to know some colleges and start looking into them more.

$100
$500